The Dal Banjara recipe is a simple dal to make in a single pot.
It is popularly known as Langar Wali Dal is easy to make and delicious to eat. Serve it with Bhindi Masala, Boondi Raita and Phulka for an everyday meal.
- 1/2 Cup urad dal
- 1/2 Cup chana dal
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2-1 ginger-garlic paste
- 2 ghee
- 1/2 hing
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 green chillies
- 1 Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1-2 garam masala
- lemon juice
- coriander leaves
- Boil chana and urad dal with turmeric and salt. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add hing, cinnamon stick and cloves in it.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, onion, green chillies and fry till the onions are translucent in colour.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli, garam masala and salt and cook till the masala releases oil.
- Add boiled chana-urad dal and close the lid. Cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon juice and coriander leaves and serve.